Christmas Eve is literally around the corner, and I’m excited to share two fabulous cocktails courtesy of Tracy Memoli, from Suite & Savory in NYC that I will be sharing with family and friends during the holiday!
HARD APPLE SANGRIA
1 bottle white wine (750 ML)
I bottle of hard apple cider (22 oz)
1/2 cup of triple sec
1/2 cup of pomegranates
1. Start by slicing the apple and add to the pitcher along with the
2. Next, pour the bottle of white wine into the pitcher, triple sec and the
juice of one lemon. For this recipe I like to use a Pinot Grigio so it’s
not too sweet.
3. Stir together and chill. For best results, I like to prepare Sangria at
least a few hours before serving.
5. Once ready to serve, just add in the hard apple cider. And Cheers!
VERY BERRY CRANBERRY MARTINI:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 cups cranberries
3 oz of vodka
Splash of cranberry juice
1.Start by making the cranberry simple syrup – just combine the water, sugar, cranberries and the juice of an orange to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries are tender – approximately 8-1o minutes.
2.Next, using a fine mesh strainer, strain the cranberries. Set aside the liquid and let cool for about an hour. I like doing this step in advance of entertaining, that way it saves time and has the opportunity to cool. I also never waste a thing, so reserve the cranberries in a container and use it in any of your holiday dishes or on top of pancakes the next morning!
3. In a cocktail shaker, add ice, vodka, cranberry simple syrup and a splash of cranberry juice – add more or less of the cranberry juice depending on how sweet you like your martini. Shake and serve in a chilled martini glass.
4.For a festive look, I like to garnish the martini with cranberries
threaded along a sprig of rosemary.